Get stunning views of the San Antonio city lights from the air on a 15-minute helicopter tour of the city. Trace the course of the San Antonio River to downtown.
SAN ANTONIO SALT LICK PRIVATE CHARTER
- Short Flight 1.8 Hours Flight Time • Up to 3 Passengers
- Long Flight 2 - 2.5 Hours Flight Time • Up to 3 Passengers
- Children under 2 years old fly for free
Helicopter Charter to the Famous Salt Lick Restaurant!
Experience the beautiful landmarks and landscapes of Central and South Texas on an exclusive charter flight with Alamo Helicopter Tours!
- Enjoy breathtaking scenery as we take you on a roundtrip visual expedition from San Antonio to Austin aboard one of our new, air-conditioned Robinson R44 Helicopters.
- During the tour, we touch down for a little down-home BBQ at one of Texas’ pride and joys, The Salt Lick Restaurant.
- We begin with the sights of something old and something new in San Antonio as we fly over downtown and the San Antonio River Walk; we then head north over the Quarry Market, a popular shopping center and Texas landmark that kept much of the character and structures of the cement factory that once operated there. Next, wave to the animals as we soar above the world-renowned San Antonio Zoo and salute the military as we fly over Fort Sam Houston. Then it’s off to the AT&T Center, home to the world-champion San Antonio Spurs.
- As our sightseeing continues north, you see the beautiful rolling hills surrounding the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and get the lay of the land as we fly over TPC San Antonio, the newest addition to the PGA TOUR’s TPC Network of premier golf clubs, designed by World Golf Hall of Fame members Pete Dye and Greg Norman.
- A tour of South Texas wouldn’t be complete without soaring over the beautiful oak-filled Hill Country on our way to the “Water Recreation Capital of Texas” — Canyon Lake. Technically a reservoir on the Guadalupe River, this man-made lake is one of the deepest in Texas; its pristine waters are fronted by nearly 80 miles of shoreline. It’s a favorite habitat for native animals, so keep your eyes open for white-tailed deer, foxes, roadrunners, and other Texas wildlife.
- We hope by now you’ve worked up quite an appetite, so next, we touch down for lunch or dinner at one of our favorite stops around, the famous Salt Lick Restaurant just outside of Austin. We guarantee you’ll love the food, the folks, and the views.
- Next, we get back on board and take off for the capital of Texas, Austin!
- Our sightseeing tour includes a bird’s-eye view of the capital at night, including downtown Austin, the Capitol building, and the impressive campus of the University of Texas. We drive home the fact that everything IS bigger in Texas when we give you a sky-high view of the University’s Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. With a seating capacity of more than 100 thousand fans, this state-of-the-art stadium is the sixth-largest collegiate stadium in the U.S.
- We then wind it down as we take a delightful trip over the Guadalupe River in San Marcos and the historic town of New Braunfels before we head back to our starting point at Stinson Airport.
We promise it’s a trip you’ll love and always remember.