How old do you have to be to take a helicopter tour?
- Any age may take a tour.
- Children under the age of 2 may sit in the lap of a parent or guardian for free with proof of age.
- Two and older require that they sit in their own seat as per FAA regulations.
- Children touring without a parent or guardian will require a permission slip.
How many people can fit in the helicopter?
Our main tour helicopter, the R44, seats 3 passengers + pilot. Our available corporate helicopter, a Eurocopter EC120, seats up to 4 + pilot.
Can I take a helicopter tour by myself?
Two passenger minimum are required for tours in the R44. You may ride alone, but are still required to purchase two seats.
What is the max seat weight to take a helicopter tour?
The max seat weight cannot exceed 300 lbs / 136 kg. The max total weight for all passengers may not exceed 550 lbs / 236 kgs for our R44.
What kind of helicopter will I be taking a tour in?
We do all our tours in the Robinson R44 helicopter. All prices are based on the R44.
What is the payment/refund policy?
- We require payment to hold a reservation.
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours before tour date for a full refund, 48 hours – 24 hour cancellations will be given half refund.
- Less than 24 hours cancellation or missed tours are non-refundable.
- Cancellations based on weather are per pilot’s discretion and customer will be notified and given option to move tour time, date or they may cancel for full refund.
Do you offer a Gift Certificate?
Yes. You may purchase through our website or call us directly.
How old do you have to be to take a discovery flight or flight training?
At least 16 years of age to start and 17 yrs old to obtain your license.
Do you offer flight training?
We do offer flight training. Please see our flight training page. We are a Part 61 and Part 141 school.
What kind of helicopters are available for flight training?
Currently we have 2 Robinson R22 helicopters, and 2 Robinson R44 helicopters. Most training will be in the R22.
What is required before I start flight training?
You must have a third class medical certificate. This is a basic physical and can be performed any Aviation Medical Examiner.
How much will it cost to become a pilot?
Visit our Pilot Training page for a detailed breakdown.
How do I pay for flight training?
We are a pay as you go school. We accept checks, credit, debit and cash.